Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Mighty Oak



Because I had read about Oak trees in books from my childhood, written by English authors, I had often wondered about The Mighty Oak and wished I could see one in real. Once, an acquaintance gave me an acorn for my seedpod collection where it remained one of my most prized possessions for a long time (yes, an acorn). So it was with awe and delight that I set my eyes on my first Oak ever somewhere at Westmount. The cold autumn air had freeze dried the leaves of this tree so that they'd slowly lost their color and yet retained their shape in this magnificent creation.

And the leaves! One has to admire them and press them and draw them -





Needless to say, I now have a hell of a lot of Canadian acorns in my collection :)





Quotation seen on a coffee mug:
'Every mighty Oak was once a nut that stood its ground'.

No comments: